The wireless wind sensor WindSense features an ultra tough Wind Transducer with Igildur™ bearings for exceptional life and corrosion resistance. Data transmission is via a super-thin 20m digital cable. consequently, providing fast update NMEA0183 ($MWV) data to the below deck wireless interface.
Wind data is then wirelessly streamed to any compatible App or Navigation software package. This enables display of Apparent, True*, Close Haul or Running data on an iOS, Android, Mac or Windows device. Up to 7 mobile devices can receive the same data, so crew and family members can also see exactly what the wind is doing.
The Wireless interface box has a configurable NMEA0183 input/output (4800/38400 baud). Therefore, GPS, Instrument or AIS data can be multiplexed (combined) with the WindSense data and streamed to the mobile devices/apps.
*True Wind readings require boat speed (SOG or STW) data to be available.
Wind sense provides a low cost replacement or addition to any marine electronics system. It offers significantly enhanced accuracy, reliability and functionality with easy interfacing enabling a tablet to become a complete instrument display with other connected sensors. There are many vessels who require wind data too but only equipped with a speed and depth system . Likewise, many older wind systems require replacement but customers do not want the substantial cost of a totally new instrument package. Depending upon the app utilised, true wind information, VMG and other sailing performance parameters like polars may also be displayed.
- Wireless Wind sensor for Smart Phones, Tablets and Laptops
- Ultra tough Mast Head Unit
- Igildur™ bearings for exceptional life and corrosion resistance
- Full range of Apps for iOS and Android to display Apparent, True*, Close Haul and Running data
- 12/24v DC operation with minimal power consumption
- Option for independent use of the Mast Head Unit as an NMEA0183 wind transducer
- Ability to multiplex other NMEA0183 data and stream wirelessly with the wind data
- Support up to 7 wireless devices
- LED Status Indicators and alignment switch
- 20m Ultra-thin mast cable