AISnet is a new AIS base station receiver for use at home or in the office. AISNet utilises the same high performance dual channel AIS receiver as the rest of the Digital Yacht range. It also features an ethernet socket that can connect to a broadband router that can be send data to online AIS tracking services.
There are now a large number of internet based web sites, which offer a view of AIS equipped vessels on a background chart therefore allowing users to check the position and identity of ships and yachts. If your home/office is close to the coast you can contribute your data to one of these sites, simply register with the company and they will give you an IP address and port number.
Moreover, using the setup program that Digital Yacht supply, it takes seconds to program the IP address and port into AISnet, which will immediately start sending your local AIS data seamlessly across the internet to be displayed on the site. You can view data that AISnet is collecting, locally on your PC using the free SmarterTrack Lite software. Plug the USB connector into your PC and AIS data will appear on your PC, whilst transmission continues over the internet.
AISnet is also supplied with a universal UK/Euro/US mains adaptor that provides a regulated 12v supply from 240v/110v AC mains.
Visit our youtube video to find out more.
- Class B AIS transponder with NMEA 2000 interface and built in GPS antenna
- Shares the same latest generation AIS technology as our AIT2000 and AIT3000 units
- Plug and Play NMEA2000 interface (takes power from network)
- Compatible with all AIS ready chart plotters
- Internal GPS antenna for easy installation on fibreglass (GRP) hulled boats
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup GPS)
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional accessory) or splitter (SPL2000)
- Supplied with programming software for PC/Mac and SmarterTrack Lite for Windows
- Easy to install black box solution