The AIT2000 is an AIS transponder class B. It uses the latest AIS Transponder technology. Therefore squeezing more performance and interfacing options in to a housing that is half the size of our previous generation transponder.
This ultra-compact Class B Transponder has three outputs; NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 and USB connection, therefore allowing it to work with every AIS compatible chart plotter or software package on the market today. The AIT2000 features a remote silence button option, two NMEA 0183 Inputs and Outputs, four status LEDs and rugged vibration-proof mounting brackets. The AIT2000 is the third generation of Digital Yacht AIS transponder and replaces the very popular AIT1000.
For permanent USB connection to a PC or MAC, we recommend adding one of our NMEA to USB Adaptor cables. Hence providing an extra level of electrical isolation/protection against ground differences and static discharge.
Configuration of your vessel’s fixed data, such as MMSI, call sign, boat name, dimensions etc. is made easy with the included Windows and Mac compatible proAIS2 software*. Once configured, the unit will provide AIS data to a PC or Mac running suitable navigation software or a dedicated chart plotter, such as the latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units.
As well as transmitting your own vessel’s position so that other AIS equipped vessels know where you are, the AIT2000, when connected to an existing VHF antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, will receive all AIS targets within range of your boat – typically up to 30NM.
With two industry standard NMEA 0183 outputs, our own N2Net connector for plugging in to an NMEA 2000 network and a simple plug and play USB connection to a PC, the AIT2000 is therefore the perfect AIS transponder solution for all light marine vessels up to 300 tons.
For optimum AIS performance on sailing yachts, we also recommend our SPL2000 Splitter featuring “Zero Loss” technology which allows you to use your boat’s existing VHF antenna at the top of the mast for maximum range.
* Except US where dealer programming required
- Class B AIS transponder with NMEA 2000 interface and built in GPS antenna
- Shares the same latest generation AIS technology as our AIT2000 and AIT3000 units
- Plug and Play NMEA2000 interface (takes power from network)
- Compatible with all AIS ready chart plotters
- Internal GPS antenna for easy installation on fibreglass (GRP) hulled boats
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup GPS)
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional accessory) or splitter (SPL2000)
- Supplied with programming software for PC/Mac and SmarterTrack Lite for Windows
- Easy to install black box solution