Digital Yacht have unveiled their TriNav™ GPS160. This is a new, high performance positioning sensor using GPS, Glonass and the new Galileo satellite systems. Therefore, providing exceptional position accuracy and redundancy. Typical accuracy is better than 1m. When set, data can also output at up to 18Hz for smoother plotter track displays. TriNav™ software technology also improves positioning inaccuracy that could occur through spoofing and local interference. The USB model features the GPS antenna with USB cable.
The device has a variety of modes through field programming. This includes single GNSS operation (eg Galileo only) as well as output configurations such as update rate, NMEA sentence structure etc.
The GPS160USB GPS antenna variant ships with a 5m USB cable. It powers itself from the USB source (PC, MAC or Linux). Once you install the GPS160 USB GPS antenna, the host PC creates a virtual COM port so navigation programs can receive positioning data. If a longer cable or the MOB feature is required, it is best to utilise the GPS160 (standard NMEA version) with our USB-NMEA adaptor cable.
Galileo is the new global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that has been in development over the past two decades. It joins the GPS and GLONASS systems and offers mariners a 3rd reliable positioning source. It is now fully operational as of 2020.
There are currently 22 satellites in usable condition. This means the satellite is working and adds to the service provision. There are then 2 satellites that are in “testing” and 2 more are marked as not available. The final constellation now consists of 30 satellites (24 operational and 6 spares) as of 2020.
Additionally, you can download the full info pack by clicking here.
- 72 channel GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS positioning receiver
- Fitted with a 5M USB cable
- Powers itself from the USB source (PC, MAC or Linux)
- Typically sub 1m accuracy thanks to TriNav™ technology –combines all satellite data for optimum accuracy
- Can be configured as dedicated GPS, Glonass or Galileo only device
- refined anti-spoofing algorithm for robust positioning performance and interference rejection
- User/field can select 4800, 38400 and 115200 baud operation through simple internal DIP switches
- Many formats of NMEA data output including datum information –user can configure through internal DIP switches
- Up to 18Hz update rate (user selectable)
- Ultra low (<20mA) power consumption at 12V DC
- Efficient system (ECDIS) support with datum sentence structure (DTM/GBS/GNS/GRS/GSA/GST)
- Puck installation or fits 3rd party industry standard 1” x 14TPI threaded mount