NAVDoctor is a portable NMEA 2000 network diagnostic tool/tester. It allows you to quickly check and diagnose the NMEA 2000 network. It combines the functionality of existing NMEA 2000 display programs and test equipment into a single, cost effective, simple plug ‘n play box.
It’s self powered from the network and creates a local wifi point for a mobile phone, tablet or PC to connect. Once connected, you simply access functions through a web browser so there’s no complicated software to install.
NMEA 2000 networks are based on a robust Canbus architecture, but one bad device, cable or termination can have a detrimental effect on performance. Fault finding can be time consuming and tricky, so having a NAVDoctor in your toolkit, will save you time, money and frustration.
NAVDoctor is an essential tool for every marine electronics technician or installer and also offers the capability of printing a network health check certificate to validate an installation and improve customer service.
You can configure the NavDoctor through its own simple web interface, just open your web browser, enter the NavDoctor’s IP address and you can access the NavDoctor web interface. So no complicated programming software or app required.
Through the web interface, you can analyse all the equipment connected to the NMEA 2000 network and get additional information about the equipment. You can also display all the NMEA 2000 data (PGN) being received.
The health section gives you an overview about the NMEA 2000 network (voltage, bus capacity, etc.). Finally, the test report section analyses all the NMEA 2000 network, equipment, data and can generate a PDF.
- NMEA 2000 Wireless Diagnostic Tool
- Self powered from NMEA 2000 bus – fits in seconds
- Creates its own wireless network on the boat or can join an existing network in the workshop
- No apps required, NAVDoctor’s simple web interface displays in your browser
- Lists all devices on the NMEA network and all PGNs being transmitted
- Health page gives you an immediate snapshot of the networks key performance parameters
- Can log all data to text file for in-depth analysis
- Generates a Network Health Report that you can either print or save to PDF
- You can give a health report to the customer or you can retain for your own installation records