There are well over 100,000 Class A AIS systems installed on vessels globally. While the latest Class A AIS transponders (like the Digital DeepSea CLA2000) already have a wireless interface for iPad and tablet connectivity, the majority of vessels have an AIS transponder with either a integral or externally wired “Pilot Plug” interface. This IMO standard multi pin design allows NMEA AIS and GPS data to be easily accessed by pilots, delivery captains, etc. via a wired connection like our Pilot Plug USB Cable to their personal PC based ECDIS system. However, more and more captains now choose to use an iPad or tablet so need wireless connectivity.
PilotLINK 2, our latest second generation pilot plug to wireless interface, allows any Class A transponder to interface with the latest range of mobile devices including iPhones, tablets and PCs/MACs. Applications range from maritime pilots through to survey ship charter users who may want access to the ship’s AIS and GPS data.
This compact device, is easily portable between vessels, with a USB cable for power and a Pilot Plug cable to connect to the transponder. Its 2.4GHz wireless interface, creates its own password protected, wireless network or can be configured to join an existing wireless network onboard the vessel.
Set up of PilotLINK 2 is simple, by accessing its local web interface using the web browser on your mobile device. Change the default wireless network name and password, display the GPS, heading and rate of turn data, or check the Static and Voyage data programmed in to the transponder. You can even view the RAW NMEA 0183 data coming from the transponder and log it to a text file on your mobile device for onshore analysis.
- Connects to any standard “Pilot Plug” connector
- USB powered for easy portability – power from any USB source, adaptor or power pack
- Creates secure password protected wifi network
- Can also join another wifi network if preferred
- Easy web interface with useful diagnostics display and Class A static, dynamic and voyage data displays
- Works with 100’s apps – iSailor, Navionics, iNAVx, NavLINK, TZ iBoat, Imray, NV Charts, AquaMaps, Weather 4D etc
- TCP/IP and UDP protocols supported
- Raw data log function