veKonvert is a new stand alone NMEA 2000 interface designed in conjunction with Victron Energy to integrate VE.Direct compatible devices such as their SmartShunt, BMV Battery Monitors and MPPT Solar Charge Controller range into NMEA 2000 systems.
This functionality already existed but required the use of a sophisticated Cerbo module. veKonvert is a lower cost, simpler solution for smaller installations that just need the electrical data displayed on a Multi Function Displays (MFD).
NOTE – veKonvert is not compatible with Victron Chargers and Inverters. It should also not be plugged in to the VE.Direct interfaces of any Victron “Consumers” such as Multiplus, Quattro, Cerbo, etc.
Installation is simple – just “T” into the NMEA 2000 backbone and plug into the VE.Direct custom connector on the SmartShunt and you’ve battery and electrical data on your NMEA 2000 network!
Boaters and boat builders like a clear and uncluttered dash or nav area so integrating electrical data into the main navigation display is a popular and cost saving option.
The product is a collaboration between Victron Energy and Digital Yacht. The system utilises Victron’s proprietary VE.Direct data connectivity as a source for the NMEA 2000 data.
Victron solar panel controllers (MPPTs) and battery monitors can now also interconnect to NMEA 2000 via the veKonvert interface.
- Universal NMEA 2000 gateway for Victron products with a VE.Direct interface
(see compatibility list in the FAQ tab)
- Enables battery management or solar charge monitoring on compatible Multi Function Displays (Raymarine, Garmin, Navico, Furuno etc)
- Provides battery voltage, charge/discharge current, state of charge and time to depletion based on sophisticated algorithm
- Easy installation, plug ‘n’ play connectivity and self-powered from the NMEA 2000 bus
- Generates NMEA 2000 Alerts, from any BMV or SmartShunt Alarms
- Supports multiple SmartShunts for larger multi battery systems