Digital Yacht iSeaSense is a new range of complete marine instrumentation packs based on NMEA 2000 and wireless connectivity – allowing for maximum flexibility and connectivity. Choose from using phones, iPads and tablets for boat data displays as well as 3rd party industry standard instruments and multi function displays.
Top quality and highly accurate sensors are used for boat speed, depth, compass and GPS data. Data can be shared with other devices on the NMEA 2000 network too.
iSeaSense is easy to specify. Available as two main starter packs, everything is included for an easy install and ordering. No app is needed either as the iSeaSense wireless server creates powerful graphical and numeric display pages that can be viewed via a browser on any device.
iSeaSense Pack 1 is a comprehensive boat depth, speed and temperature pack. A spatial sensor is also included for detecting pitch and roll and there’s a sophisticated algorithm for calibrating boat speed information based on heel.
A full NMEA 2000 backbone cabling pack is included and the wireless interface for connectivity. There is a spare cable and connection point for additional NMEA 2000 devices such as a multi function display or Digital Yacht’s range of instruments.
iSeaSense features an easy-to-use web interface. No apps are required. Simply open the browser on a connected device, navigate to iSeaSense.local and the optimised touch screen display is ready.
The web interface works on iOS, Android, PC, Linux and MAC – any standard web browser as well as e-ink displays like Kindle and e-book. It supports up to 3 connected devices with super fast 5Hz updates.
The data can also be used by 100’s of popular navigation apps & software such as Navionics, TZ iBoat, OpenCPN, SailGrib, etc.
You can read the full product presentation by clicking here.
You can access the iSeaSense dashboard through its own web interface, just open your web web browser, enter the iSeaSense’s IP address or iSeaSense.local and you will access the attractive dash to display all your instruments data. So no complicated programming software or app is required.
By default, iSeaSense has a series of pre-defined pages that display digital databoxes and analogue “instruments” of the instrument and navigation data available on the NMEA 2000 network.
With iSeaSense you’re in control of the data you see. The pages are fully editable, so any databox can be configured for the information you want and you can easily add and remove databox to build your perfect display. The configuration can also be saved and shared – ideal for standard configurations for production boats and OEMs.
iSeaSense Pack Features
- Pack includes iSeaSense wireless server, NMEA 2000 cabling and advanced boat depth, speed and temperature transducer with pitch and heel sensor
- iSeaSense server creates beautiful graphic display pages of data with fast 5Hz updates viewable on any smart phone, tablet or iPad
- Advanced calibration routing available for the transducer with corrections for boat heel and transducer location
- Includes extra NMEA 2000 T piece for system expansion allowing easy addition of sensors or displays
- NMEA 2000 interface and wireless gateway for iSeaSense system. Integrated instrument display page server.
- Configurable display pages for depth, speed, temp, time, GPS, navigation and compass
- Network diagnostics, settings and calibration capability
- Data logging
- Self powered from NMEA 2000 backbone
- Integrated wifi antenna typically footprints boat up to 20m
- Supports additional TCP/IP and UDP data connections for 3rd party apps on up to 7 connected devices (outputs GPS, AIS, depth and speed information from NMEA 2000 bus)
- Transducer for depth, boat speed, water temperature and boat heel/pitch with fast, super accurate 5Hz speed updates from 0.3 to 45 knot
- Data Update Rate: Depth: 1X/second, Speed: 5X/second, Heel/Trim: 10X/second
- 235KHz depth operation to minimise interference with 50/200KHz fish finders and sounders
- Max depth 100m
- Supports up to 22 degree hull deadrise
- Supplied with 6m NMEA 2000 cable and self powered from iSeaSense NMEA 2000 backbone
- Standard 2” thru hull size/diameter
- Includes Bluetooth interface for advanced calibration and set up features if required
- Stainless steel and bronze skin fittings available as option